Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 18-10-2016, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,

Some personal background, graduated from (still) scheduled, non-London, UK university with a second upper. Not particularly great results for core modules. I am currently doing my RLT in a small-medium firm, mainly doing criminal work under a former DPP.

I am wondering if anyone here was in a similar situation and if they could share their experiences, and what would a realistic career path be.

I am also wondering about the legal services, specifically whether my qualifications would suffice to be a DPP in AGC or would i likely be an APP?

A realistic path is to work for small-medium law firms (<15 lawyers) doing mostly criminal defence, family or conveyancing work.

Legal Service has become extremely competitive and aside from JLC candidates and PSC scholars they are probably take less than 15 person per year. Most of them are at least 2.1 in reputable overseas u or nus or smu.

APP appointment is usu for person who are not qualified to be called to the bar due to their uni degree. Since you will be a qualified person, you will be considered for DPP equivalent role. However the chances of getting selected is slim