Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lawyer Salary
Thread: Lawyer Salary
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2016, 11:04 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalBeagle View Post
Hi all. I've been skulking around here for a long time being just a bored and lazy non-contributor. Today however, I've opened an account for the purposes of finding myself a Junior Associate.

I am a 5th year associate at a Magic Circle firm in Singapore, specializing in Banking and Finance. I've been dying for a while, under the increasing workload and my boss recognizes the need to find me some help. He's looking to hire a junior to support me, and expects headcount to be approved sometime in December. Problem is, I don't have anyone I'd like to pull in, and it's not easy to find personable, diligent and competent individuals.

I'm here scouting for a junior Junior Associate to join me. My boss will want to cherry-pick, so you'll need to have excellent credentials in order to apply.
  • You should be a 2-4 PQE associate in a Big4 or in a silver circle UK firm, Singapore, UK or Commonwealth qualified
  • You should be specializing in Finance (Asset Finance, Project Finance, Banking & Finance, etc)
  • You should have stellar academics and no black marks on your resume

With apologies, please drop me a PM ONLY if you meet the criteria. The firm is quite strict on pedigree, and if you don't tick all the boxes I can't recommend you even if I'm madly in love with you. We are a top Magic Circle firm and pay very competitively. You'll get loads of high level international work and build lots of valuable business networks. If you stick it out for a few years, you'll find headhunters throwing you job offers well in excess of $300K a year all the time.

Well, that's about it. If anyone is interested, please drop me a private message and I'll arrange a meetup with you. I'll meet you for dinner (on me), and get to know you. If you're suitable, I'll put you up for an accelerated interview process. If you're not, no hard feelings I hope.

On a final note - I'm here with a serious hiring proposition. Please don't come and meet me to "sexpose" me or satisfy your curiosity. I don't have the hiring power to take you on immediately, but I do have the power to make a strong recommendation and I do have the power to blacklist. I'm only interested in meeting sincere candidates who meet the above criteria and are looking to move up the career ladder.

Look forward to receiving your PMs.

Nice try bro. I think this line is better used at the bar or at one of those NUS or SMU careers' fair. I'm sure you wouldn't mind girls 8 years your junior