Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Maintenance License and Courses
View Single Post
Old 21-01-2011, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In this field, take the responsibility of every action you made. The salary pay scale that mention in this forum is true. Do not expect much. In singapore, salary for lae is sucks. One day eventually those who impatient and not daring enough will find themselves stuck at the middle of nowhere in this career. The earliest time for you to earn big money is after you join the scheme for 7~8 years. (if you are lucky)
[The big money I mention is only sgd12k+ basic hour per month]

Quality for those who wish to join lae scheme.
1) Endure
2) Prepare to be sandwiched by technician and management.
3) Daring
4) No need to be well educated but need to have basic education and HIGH IQ.
5) Prepare to die early comparing to normal people. (toxic chemical)
6) Accept all the action that you have taken n do not regret. (accept so much responsibility for 2.5k ++?)
7) Able to handle stress.
8) Super fat ass not encouraged to join. [Unless u want to slim down]

Out of all the criteria if u still can't decide, below there will be one experiment for you.

1) Get a can of used engine oil that in black colour, pour it on to your toilet, include the lid n the bowl itself. Then go n wear a stupid coverall, squat down and clean it with dry rags by your hand. After you clean all the oil stain use a torchlight n mirror inspect the toilet see whether u satisfy with the cleaning.

[ I bet for sure you will have plenty of chances to encounter this kind of job if you become a member of the scheme. This experiment is the easiest way to test whether u r fit or not. Remember in the above test u just squat at the side of the toilet to do the job. In real life of lae, alot more shittier job awaited you, be prepared to stuck your head inside the bowl or crawl like a dog inside the compartment.]
Hi,

I'm pretty unsure whether should I join SIAEC as a trainee, would like to seek your advice. I already cleared 2 interviews and going for the next one soon.

I'm thinking of joining this industry cos I heard the prospects are good, and if you have the license, you can work anywhere in the world, I have no passion or whatever in aviation. And I think I'm a rather hands on person. I have a diploma in avionics and have the relevant exemptions but SIAEC still gonna put me under the full training of 4 yrs, its called a scholarship now and the pay now is 1k flat throughout, there are no more benefits like annual increment, free tix like last time.

So they told me I'll be put under B2 training. I'm not sure what are the prospects (demand, career advancement) like for a B2 license holder. But people have told me B2 holders do not have to lie in a pool of oil looking for that oil leak at night with a torch or the situation you mentioned above; its much cleaner a jobscope. They only do wiring, replace units, more senang but same pay. So B2 lae jobs is actually good ?

I'm also doing an aerospace systems degree in unisim, is it recognised by the aviation industries, or do they only take in those elite degrees from NTU aerospace. Is it a wise choice to finish my degree and be a white collar engineer or better off being an LAE because most lae don't have a degree but they take in around the same pay with paid OT. I heard engineers 'ot' are unpaid.

Regardless of which path I take, do all those qualifications and experience put me ahead of others if I leave the MRO industries and try to be an SIA pilot ?

Thanks aplenty !

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app