Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

3) analyst is most places is just a rank. u can be a hr analyst too..

the system is as such.. if u wanna make lots of money, i suggest try to do a business. portfolio manager is difficult. dont believe me? go wiki blacklittle model and get pass the first paragraph... if u love financial mkt, then fo is worth all the hours and effort
My turn to clarify.

Of course I was referring to Analyst on the front office analyst to portfolio manager track. I was not referring to black office analyst and definitely not HR analyst.

I wiki Black-little model as you asked. I think the confusion in the first paragraph comes where it says:

"The model starts with the equilibrium assumption that the asset allocation of a representative agent should be proportional to the market values of the available assets, and then modifies that to take into account the 'views' (i.e., the specific opinions about asset returns) of the investor in question to arrive at a bespoke asset allocation."

My first question would be how do you measure the market value of a particular asset? The natural answer would be equity indices for the equity asset. We could use currency indices, such as DXY for the us dollar, for the currency asset. However, I doubt the indices for the other currencies, EUR, JPY, are widely used.