Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Shell Graduate program
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey there, you also from Metro? My contract was during transition - spent 1/3 in Shell House and 2/3 at Metro.

They were overdoing the let's be nice and act positive while intense backstabbing and politics behind the scene. Personally dun mind them gossiping and throw rank since I wont stay long, but cant stand their all talk & no action culture.

Everytime I need to do something real, everyone just play politics push blame/responsibility and ask me to talk to more people for 'consultation'. Nothing ever happens, people just talk & talk about strategy, vision, policy, safety etc and you are told to set up more meetings again.

Worse is they have a rotation policy perm staff need to switch job every few years. My boss was due to move and everyday she do nothing & just go around networking and play politics in order to get a new posting. On the final month another guy gets rotated to be my boss and same wayang pull rank attitude as well.
Yep, metro.
sometimes the nicest people are the most likely to stab you from behind gao lat gao lat.
all talk no action, they are a very reactive culture. when **** gets real then something is done. from my experience. otherwise just instructions, nothing ever happens.
boss is super pull rank, i have never seen him done any work. his computer is always on the wallpaper and he just stare down at his iPhone 6 plus all day long.