Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 28-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, saw a posting on MAS looking for an assistant director. Have some questions and would like to see if anyone can shed light on it. I'm a local law grad (second upper), with a masters degree (first class) and will be getting called to the bar this year. Thinking of applying for the role. I won't consider myself to have any working experience although I did my legal pupillage (6 months) in the same finance area as this AD role entails.

1. Is this an entry level role? Or is it meant for people with a few years working experience?
2. Assuming my credentials, what is the approx pay I should be looking at?
3. How's the career progression like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
AD is not for fresh grads.

If you are not doing legal roles, starting pay is probably 4.2-4.5k at best for either analyst/associate or manager role depending on how they inflate the titles.

You are better off doing the rounds and spend 4-5 years in a reputable legal firm to up your marketability. Jumping straight to non legal roles w/o experience will just end up wasting all the time and effort used for your law studies and revert you back to no different from any typical business degree student with good honors.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app