Compare civil service salary - Page 609 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




Compare civil service salary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #6081 (permalink)  
Old 27-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

any idea whats the starting salary for a fresh grad at LTA doing policy work with a non engineering second upper from local u?

Reply With Quote
  #6082 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 07:48 PM
Michelle
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Smile Advice needed!

Hi all

Currently, MSF keep telling me they are pending some information before they can get back to me whether to provide me a verbal offer. I have already done the medical check-up, and there is no problems. It's been 1 month plus, and they still ask me to wait another 2 weeks.

Anyone got any idea, what info are they pending? why is the process taking so long?


Thanks =.=
Michelle

Reply With Quote
  #6083 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 07:55 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Hi all

Currently, MSF keep telling me they are pending some information before they can get back to me whether to provide me a verbal offer. I have already done the medical check-up, and there is no problems. It's been 1 month plus, and they still ask me to wait another 2 weeks.

Anyone got any idea, what info are they pending? why is the process taking so long?


Thanks =.=
Michelle
Security clearance Loh



SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6084 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 09:25 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Question on MAS

Hi, saw a posting on MAS looking for an assistant director. Have some questions and would like to see if anyone can shed light on it. I'm a local law grad (second upper), with a masters degree (first class) and will be getting called to the bar this year. Thinking of applying for the role. I won't consider myself to have any working experience although I did my legal pupillage (6 months) in the same finance area as this AD role entails.

1. Is this an entry level role? Or is it meant for people with a few years working experience?
2. Assuming my credentials, what is the approx pay I should be looking at?
3. How's the career progression like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!


SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android


SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go


SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app
Reply With Quote
  #6085 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 09:56 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, saw a posting on MAS looking for an assistant director. Have some questions and would like to see if anyone can shed light on it. I'm a local law grad (second upper), with a masters degree (first class) and will be getting called to the bar this year. Thinking of applying for the role. I won't consider myself to have any working experience although I did my legal pupillage (6 months) in the same finance area as this AD role entails.

1. Is this an entry level role? Or is it meant for people with a few years working experience?
2. Assuming my credentials, what is the approx pay I should be looking at?
3. How's the career progression like?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
AD is not for fresh grads.

If you are not doing legal roles, starting pay is probably 4.2-4.5k at best for either analyst/associate or manager role depending on how they inflate the titles.

You are better off doing the rounds and spend 4-5 years in a reputable legal firm to up your marketability. Jumping straight to non legal roles w/o experience will just end up wasting all the time and effort used for your law studies and revert you back to no different from any typical business degree student with good honors.
Reply With Quote
  #6086 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 10:12 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
AD is not for fresh grads.

If you are not doing legal roles, starting pay is probably 4.2-4.5k at best for either analyst/associate or manager role depending on how they inflate the titles.

You are better off doing the rounds and spend 4-5 years in a reputable legal firm to up your marketability. Jumping straight to non legal roles w/o experience will just end up wasting all the time and effort used for your law studies and revert you back to no different from any typical business degree student with good honors.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I scanned through some LinkedIn profiles of ADs at MAS and it seemed like some of them started as an AD as a fresh grad (based on a quick comparison of their educational and work timelines). Leaving aside the question on how accurate/reliable my quick scan on LinkedIn might be, was just wondering whether it could be due to the degree or grades obtained. Saw that a few of these ADs graduated with an overseas law degree or was a scholar back in university.
Reply With Quote

  #6087 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I scanned through some LinkedIn profiles of ADs at MAS and it seemed like some of them started as an AD as a fresh grad (based on a quick comparison of their educational and work timelines). Leaving aside the question on how accurate/reliable my quick scan on LinkedIn might be, was just wondering whether it could be due to the degree or grades obtained. Saw that a few of these ADs graduated with an overseas law degree or was a scholar back in university.
Ha ha, what a joker. Are you talking about some profiles like this 2?

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/kelly-teo-790ba03
s://sg.linkedin.com/in/paul-ho-08b4b818

In case you read too many lawyer papers and eyesight blur, Kelly has worked for 11 years and Paul has worked for 8. They are definitely not fresh grads. There are NO fresh grad ADs in MAS. Try MTI if you want to be a fresh grad AD.
Reply With Quote
  #6088 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I scanned through some LinkedIn profiles of ADs at MAS and it seemed like some of them started as an AD as a fresh grad (based on a quick comparison of their educational and work timelines). Leaving aside the question on how accurate/reliable my quick scan on LinkedIn might be, was just wondering whether it could be due to the degree or grades obtained. Saw that a few of these ADs graduated with an overseas law degree or was a scholar back in university.
Fresh grad are given the title of AD in some ministries/statboards. This is especially so in places where officers have frequent interaction with middle-senior management in the private sector or foreign delegates.
Reply With Quote
  #6089 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 10:45 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Ha ha, what a joker. Are you talking about some profiles like this 2?

s://sg.linkedin.com/in/kelly-teo-790ba03
s://sg.linkedin.com/in/paul-ho-08b4b818

In case you read too many lawyer papers and eyesight blur, Kelly has worked for 11 years and Paul has worked for 8. They are definitely not fresh grads. There are NO fresh grad ADs in MAS. Try MTI if you want to be a fresh grad AD.
Dude, pulling out two LinkedIn profiles amongst the many others available to prove your point just doesn't cut in. If you would notice I said some, and not all. You should probably spend more time searching before just randomly linking the first two Google search results you found. I could post the LinkedIn profiles here but I don't think it's nice to do that.
Reply With Quote
  #6090 (permalink)  
Old 28-04-2016, 11:49 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dude, pulling out two LinkedIn profiles amongst the many others available to prove your point just doesn't cut in. If you would notice I said some, and not all. You should probably spend more time searching before just randomly linking the first two Google search results you found. I could post the LinkedIn profiles here but I don't think it's nice to do that.
I work in MAS, and I can confirm that the AD title is only for those with at least a few years of work experience. Fresh grads start off as Associates.

If you're interested in the job posting, no harm trying. It's possible they would consider fresh grads for an AD role, since associates and ADs generally do the same type of work. But your title would be Associate, not AD.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
civil servants, civil service, government, law, lawyer, mx scale, public sector, scholar, scholarship, superscale

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Civil Service Pay - Director level curious Income and Jobs 143 07-09-2020 04:27 PM
Civil Service Bonus 2007 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 9 18-03-2010 12:42 PM
High Earners In Civil Service Salary.sg Income and Jobs 29 28-04-2009 10:29 AM
HK civil service salary hike Salary.sg Income and Jobs 5 21-11-2008 11:57 PM
Civil Service Bonus mid-2008 Salary.sg Income and Jobs 6 15-07-2008 01:40 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,000 Replies, 3,336,304 Views
Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
2,848 Replies, 1,238,443 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,106 Replies, 865,760 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,152 Replies, 6,213,026 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
436 Replies, 144,518 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
349 Replies, 204,162 Views
GovTech career grade ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
173 Replies, 183,330 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,301 Replies, 318,339 Views
High Finance Thread ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
155 Replies, 36,613 Views
How much do you earn and save? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
194 Replies, 40,535 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
180 Replies, 104,277 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
149 Replies, 6,481 Views
Starting pay for fresh uni grad... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
67 Replies, 5,748 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,941 Replies, 1,400,052 Views
Lonza Biotechnologist
0 Replies, 42 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,013 Replies, 1,888,503 Views
MOH Graduate Studies Scholarship ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 16,123 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3)
29 Replies, 27,281 Views
SEA Limited
6 Replies, 1,517 Views
Audit DGS
0 Replies, 65 Views
Starting new employment while...
6 Replies, 293 Views
Job Application with MOE... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
269 Replies, 241,384 Views
Big4 Tax Career Prospect
4 Replies, 2,278 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,560 Replies, 2,114,834 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,692 Replies, 1,054,410 Views
Personal Assistant
0 Replies, 85 Views
Working at Changi Business Park ( 1 2)
18 Replies, 3,640 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
236 Replies, 36,692 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
366 Replies, 294,164 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2