Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Software Engineer:

I don't want to brag but I think I am among the best software engineers in the industry. I have a Bachelor and a Masters in Computer Science from one of top Universities. I have some research experience and got some papers published in top international conferences.

With 7 years experience I earn 55K/year including everything.

My wife is among the top 1% student from my country with a degree that I don't want to reveal to keep our identities unknown as much as possible. She is doing research (!) and earning 24K/year.

I share HDB with another family. And at the end of month I have very little to save.

We are so called FTs. We think we are big losers.

Of course we are very frustrated. But we don't have many options open.
I'm not being racist here but let me make a guess. You sound like an Indian national to me.
If my guess is correct, then perhaps the "top universities" which you are refering to may just be applied in the India sub-continent. I would suggest you to suppress your typical indian ego-out-from-nothing and explore outside your circle of awareness. Hopefully, you will get awake from perceving yourselves as being the "best" when you truly meet the best from MITs or any other Ivies.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app