Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Calling it quits!
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2016, 05:38 PM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi whizzard.

appreciate if you can share more about your career history.
did you start from zero? or are you fortunate enough to be born with a silver spoon?
how did you get yourself into FX trader role in the first place?
do you already know what you wanted to do when you were younger?
what are some of your biggest challenges/failures that you faced?
On your first few questions, plse see my previous reply here:- https://forums.salary.sg/6951-post87.html

My FX Trading job was my first job after graduation. After graduating, I took up a course on trading which was run by the IBF (and supervised by senior traders from banks). I got "head-hunted" there and was encouraged by some of these traders to apply to their banks.

I had no clue what vocation I seriously wanted when I was graduating. All I knew was what I didn't want.

My first challenge was finding out that I didn't like FX Trading after all. I spent several years in the role to ensure that it was a considered opinion.

Another challenge was the first time I took up loans to speculate in stocks. I lost a few hundred thousand investing in a company that eventually got delisted. After I cut loss and took the loss, the feeling was one of sheer relief. Ironical as it was, since I just lost a few hundred thousand dollars.

Another challenge was getting retrenched a few years after I was made MD (and I was amongst the youngest internally promoted MDs vs hired from outside type). This happened during the Global Financial Crisis and expecting to find another similar job was almost out of the question.