Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Watching Millionaire Inside
View Single Post
Old 15-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Millionaire Member

whizzard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
That's good stuff! I'd love for you to email me, and tell me your story in detail. I am going to be a millionare alsol and I agree with everything you said.....
I am not good at story telling and sometimes it may get taken the wrong way, so I'll just summarize the principles below, if you don't mind.

I am a career employee and my parents are comfortable but not rich. They gave me a university education which I had to partially fund via tuition loan. Hence, whatever I have or do not have is all from my employment income and investments, not inheritance.

(1) I tried my best to spend within my means and have some spare cash left over from my salary each month. (2) I accumulated the spare cash and invested it instead of spending it off. I didn't make money on all my investments, but on the whole, I did well enough to grow this a little. (3) I re-invested most of the profits instead of rewarding myself by spending it all away. I did reward myself though, but sparingly. This I repeated over the course of many years, over and over again.

Good luck to your quest!