Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which job offer should I choose?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Interesting story. Were you one of those guys flying high earning $13k / month by age 28 but had to settled for a job that pays less when you lost your job? I only say because you said "banks dump you"?

Don't mind me asking? How you cope? I heard of stories that once you earn that much, you probable will NEVER work at 50% of what you were paid before, even if that means remaining jobless.
It depends, say if you are 22 years old now and you join in a BB in a MAP program, in 3 years you will be associate and 2 years later you will be senior associate (some banks call associate II). I think by age 28 you will be a kind of middle between associate II and AVP.

Paywise, local bank low salary but with bonus and insentive plan. That can stack quite a lot! Foreign banks giant pay but not much bonus. I worked in BB so I can safely estimate if you will get S$ 10,000 to S$12,000 per month when you turn 30 and fortunately you are not sacked.

I think bank people may have the pride that they are bankers and I agree that they are reluctant to work for 50% less(nobody is willing to work for 50% less, right?)
But don't worry for them, they are definitely best of the best. Even if they are sacked, there will be numerous headhunters chasing them to offer them another big bucks.

A little sharing from a fresh grad. haha