Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Which job offer should I choose?
View Single Post
Old 18-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Unregistered

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My #1 experience is to avoid the semicon industry at all cost. It is a sunset industry shrinking in Singapore, every year you hear yet another few companies downsize and move their operations to cheaper places. The margins are so bad that the pay, benefits & bonus is pathetic.

As for the banking job, have you tried other banks? I can understand MAP is very competitive even for a FCH, but taking up a short term contract job seems like swinging right to the other extreme low end.

The cybersecurity I have no knowledge so cannot help. But I agree with the poster above, you should try getting a civil service job, they should be able to pay you much higher for your FCH and NS if you have one. Don't waste time on low pay lousy private sector jobs unless you can find something you like. For your academics even if you go through motion as long as no major cock up can retire with at least a Dy Director which will be more than enough for you and your family to support a upper middle or lower high class lifestyle in Sg.
Thank you for your answer.

Seems semiconductor is really some.place I need to avoid. A lot of my friends also dun even attend interviews when hr approached them.
I tried for MAP in foreogn banks but got rejected either due to technical.skills or due to behaviour performance. Guess I may not be good enough to shine with other top tier fresh grads. I finally received an offer in GA program from DBS but they rescinded after cutting hiring headcount.

Now I think civil service is really somewhere I should go into. Actually my friend study Cvil Eng is gping to LTA. Not sure about his pay but I heard quite well and of course relaxed

Last question: How can get an interview in civil service? I got no feedback after applying...
Finally, haha I never dream I can be some sr director in the future. Hope so!

Thank you.