Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Quant Finance Jobs in Asian Bank
View Single Post
Old 14-04-2016, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I agree with your 1 to 7. But I disagree with your opinion that for all high paying and exclusive jobs, it's the manager that seeks out the candidates.

You are right in some ways. But in line with what the TS is looking for, the job applicant applying method does work, provided your resume and interview meets 1 to 7.

I'm speaking this for the entry level jobs at investment banks and funds, FO positions, quant or not. I believe you agree with me that the selection process is structured - applications opens through school recruitment pages or on website. And they hire in seasons, always like a mid-year intake. Those hired are the ones that has APPLIED THEMSELVES.

Your view is correct for like a 15 years experience portfolio manager or manging director. Yes, headhunters does facilitate the process. But for high paying entry level or 3 years experience jobs in FO finance, the traditional application through website does work. Again, assuming your resume is up to the mark. But there isn't the need for head hunters.
sorry i not clear.

of course big banks definitely must follow process. but a lot of times is many things are already discuss outside and then finally they just ask the candidate to apply officially so that they can proceed.

yar for entry position sometimes cold applicants can also get in provided they meet the all the conditions. my comment just generalize, not meant to say all cases like that.

can apply also no harm, but he needs luck beyond 3-sigma to get in. long story short, ts gone case liao.