Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My potential lies with my boss as I only gt better grades and promo after my boss left. Been getting only C grade (for 1st 6 years then finally a C+ and B in my promo year). I somehow realized that my CEP was changed (to be better I think) before I gt a C+. I don't hv doubts abt my work perf as I hv done so much during my past few years (more than after my promo). It's only through comparison with my colleagues then I knew where I stood (before my promo) which was rather sad. And I had to speak to my director before I was given the chance to 'show'. Bosses are important to one's promo so I can't blame others since i chose to stay on in the same dept for years as the thought of beginning all over again further demoralized me.
Even though your boss doesn't tell you the direct answer, your past performance grades and rate of promotion in relative to others will give you a gauge of your assessed potential. To raise a CEP, the performance grade given must be able to justify the increase.

Sometimes, it's not about doing more, but also depends on your impact of your contributions and quality of work.