Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - ITE (lecturer)
Thread: ITE (lecturer)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What needs to be done besides the normal classroom teaching and student projects in order to move up to Director level? Is there any minimum performance rating in order to progress beyond lecturing? I suppose once you reach Director level it should be quit easy to move between schools and MOE HQ?
My advise and based on my observations is this: Don't bother. It is because if you're a front-line staff i.e. Lecturer, the likelihood of you getting promoted all the way to Director level is close to negligible. I only know of one staff who managed to do that though I don't know him personally save to say that his boss like him a lot to groom him for top management. So unless you're the blue-eye boy of some big honchos up there, chances are you'll work and retire as a lecturer if you come in as one.

In ITE, most of the time at the management level, appointments such as Course Manager onward to the range of DD and DoS are usually head-hunted from external organisations. It's either that or the person is really of some high caliber and have managed departments with at least a certain number of headcount. You can be rest assured they'll ask this question if you're seeking management appointments. So to save yourself some trouble and agony, get yourself hired as a course manager first before talking about moving up to Director.