Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Used to be from private sector before switching to public now. Civil service / stat board offers quite decent career progression even for basic degree w/o honours. Like I said, if you are in a ministry, as long as you are not too screwed up you will still get your AD rank sonner or later.

The high performer/CEP people will get it earlier, but I have seen some people who just cruise through and openly declare they have no interest in career (esp. family oriented ladies), they still get it usually early 40s. AD pay is good enough to live an upper middle class lifestyle.

Staying in private sector is 2 main attraction: 1) The possibility of reaching senior managerial (300k+) or even executive (>$1mil) and 2) More flexible and dynamic culture compared to CS which is constrain by bureaucracy, paper writing, SOP etc.

If you look at the way MNCs operate, in order to get a shot at reaching senior managerial level, you ought to be at least:1) professional level 130-150k by before 35; 2) junior managerial level ~200k basic by 40, otherwise its more or less game over. Sales/Entrepreneur more unpredictable so hard to give rule of thumb.

Use these guidelines to gauge your probability I mentioned earlier and it will help in your decision.
Good evening,

Thanks for sharing the above =)

May i know if you are from a stat board?