Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should I move on?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sorry to hear about your life story. dont give up hope. why not you reskill? you can learn how to drive and then become an uber driver. i heard you can make good money if you are hardworking. never give up. you can succeed if you work hard.
I did not reskill to work for a different field but only took on courses that added value to my work experience. During interviews, I get posted the question often of how many years experience do you have in 6 Sigma, FMEA, EHS certified etc. Job market is competitive, having the paper qualification and certification is usually insufficient because most employers want years in practition, proven track record and stuff.
Thank you for your encouragement, I didn't give up hope even though the media mentioned 99% new jobs were taken by foreigners last year. These factors are not within my control and am already prepared to receive lower pay if I see prospect in the company. Most people will criticise me for quitting without a job, anyway it doesn't make much difference since the company is no longer in existence. If I didn't quit, there will be no time to even take on courses and I will eventually be unemployed.
I reach workplace at 7am, finish work earliest at 9am Mon-Fri. The only time I get to go off early is when HOD doesn't chair anymore meeting due to company function. Occasionally have to be back for meeting on Sat/ Sunday morning/ afternoon for quality trouble. It's quite the same elsewhere in manufacturing, rarely 5-day work week 8-5 job when it comes to holding important appointments.
My contingency plan was to become a full-time teacher or lecturer for ITE, still keeping my options open for now.