Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Should I move on?
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Ask yourself. Do you want to work all your life? You think you will retire one day but will you live long enough to even enjoy your retirement. Many people die unexpectedly. Recently we hear about people dying in their 50s and 60s. Do you know how long you will live? Imagine you retire at 65 and then die 6 months after that. All your life you worked so hard, accumulate your millions and then die before enjoying your retirement. This is stupid.

My advice is to choose your career carefully. Work hard during your early years, make lots of money and then you can retire in your 40s or latest in your early 50s so you can truly enjoy your retirement. You still have the energy to travel the world at your own leisurely pace.

Don't choose low paying careers such as an engineer. Become a top investment banker or top lawyer. Their bonuses alone can be more than the annual combined salary of 3 engineers.

Don't be fooled by some people here who ask you to join low paying careers and then work till your 60s and 70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remymartinVSOP View Post
Thank you all for the replies (even the non-relevant ones)

I'm in the analytics field, not engineering. Does this change anything? :/