Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - LTA (Land Transport Authority)
View Single Post
Old 29-02-2016, 12:38 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dude, its obvious that most of the NUS/NTU students is academically stronger than SIT. Don't ******** with me that SIT has better hands-on skills than NUS/NTU unless u trying to tell me you are from ITE which focus on hand on skill. Please take a look at how much modules we have to clear and lab session, projects. i agree with academically good does not mean you can work well, but what makes u think that those SIT students with poor academically can work well in their job. you guys dont know the amount of stress we are facing when there's a whole bunch of foreign scholars fighting for an A.

its ridiculous to say that SIT has same standard as NUS/NTU, its totally different league. accept the fact
Look like it is right that NUS start to have compulsory modules for their year 1 to prepare them for industry. This statement already state that our local grad doesn't know how important it is to have hands on skills (which doesn't always equivalent to technical skills) apart from academic knowledge. You may sCore well in your academic, but doesn't mean you can visualize things in work. SIT is new, but that doesn't mean they will always be lower then nus/ntu/smu. No point arguing much because time will prove and look at the market, it's infact already start showing competitiveness is market. If NUS/NTU grad still wanna argue, i think it is best to look back at their cohort, the booming FT in both uni already proved one thing, the reason why both uni can rise their world ranking is mostly depending on those FT research papers and them having significant breakthrough in scientific and technological field. If today both uni purely depend on local students, where do you think we will stand in the world? Instead of bashing other uni grads, why not us local students look back at ourselves? How much breakthrough can we make without having FT around in all those field? This is the ugly truth.