Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - 31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2016, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaklatliao View Post
yes i understand this. which is why i am trying to further studies to improve my situation and land a stable job to start a family.

i do have an accredited diploma called the btec higher national diploma done online but of course, as with all things in singapore, you will tell me it is not recognised.

so i am trying to go on campus to do some studies.
What's your interest? So far all I am reading is you want to get an office job in banking or marketing.

Just go get a job related to your interest and then upgrade in areas that are relevant to your chosen career. Best is if your attitude and capabilities are demonstrated, some companies even willing to sponsor further education.

I agree with the rest of the posters here that you shouldn't waste time pursuing dubious certificates. It is better to gain proper work experience followed by relevant education that actually helps, not just buying degree for degree sake.

You already made the mistake of doing online diplomas and degrees which in the end lead to nothing and have to run road to Malaysia to teach English.

In Singapore most people peak their careers in late 30s or 40, you don't really have a lot of time to waste before the age factor sets in.