Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Graduate Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 28-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by osd View Post
created an account just for this.

stay in US, don't waste your opportunity. I came back and regretted. Don't worry about the money or rent in NY. Better to spend more on safer environment than to cheap out on those dangerous areas. You won't be spending a lot of time at home so don't bother about it being nice, you just need it to be safe and make sure ur stuff won't get burgled while you're off in other states doing work. You can always earn the money back. Experience is more important. Also, your CV will be nicer(some employees like their candidates to have oversea experiences). I had a close friend who went to LA PWC for MC. I can elaborate more if you need.
Hi,

I was the one that started the thread. Can you elaborate but what your friends think about exits and transitioning back to sg (if he is even considering that option).

I'm not worried bout money atm, it isn't a huge concern. Honestly a total package of USD90-100 is more than enough for any fresh grad. Besides, following my internship last summer, I'll probably expense everything from Monday to Thursday anyway. So my only real outgoing is rent, and entertainment on the weekends.

My main concern is more from a career development perspective than anything.