Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-01-2016, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Bloody hell. You are just a SUBSTANDARD degree holder from a long distance unknown Uni and you can become an AM? What is happening to meritocracy? I am from NUS second upper and still couldn't secure a job in CS.. We need to make complain to tighten up the process otherwise it is not fair for us local grads who have slogged it out for many years to study hard
Walao eh this sounds really elistist. Did you know that there are many factors that influence how someone got his or her job? Its not only the type of uni they got their degree from. Factors like the other relevant skills, the type of degree and even the attitude or interview performance matters!

I'm a fch local grad btw. I got into cs through sheer luck because of my off hand experience in managing accounts. If not for that they would not give 2 hoots about my unrelated local degree and class of honours. Now? Take a look at the state of the economy and look at the number of fresh grads applying into cs. Competition is so steep you got to have something more than "xxx degree, local uni, xxx honours."

I'm actually glad that govt is opening up to sim grads too. I havent seen many around in my ministry.