Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - front office - career advice
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2016, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You only need 5As to enter the btm Ivy League schs. What's the big deal?

BB FO recruiters know that there are talented students in local unis. I never heard of anyone with >3.9 gpa or >4.8 CAP with relevant work experiences not being called up for penultimate year FO internship interviews.

I think you guys dont even know how the HR processes work or what the standards are.
I am familiar with the admission and recruiting process of top schools and companies. You're almost right but some counter examples worth mentioning.

One: 5As with 70% percentile SAT, mediocre essays, uninspiring letters of recommendation describing a student who mugs everyday in the library and no CCAs, no way he is getting into any Ivy.

So it is not just 5As. This is a well known fact by those who spend time with the application process. If he had just 5As AND a national award in a science competition, maybe he creeps into the bottom of the Ivy's. For those aspiring Ivy leaguers out there, take note.

Two: A >4.8 CAP with major in Health Science and internship doing credit analyst at a small 10 employee first isn't getting called up by Goldman's IBD. You probably know this. I'm emphasizing that there are tons of > 3.8 GPA not getting what they want.