Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 11:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I think you should not beat yourself up too much. I started as a poly grad and went on to take my degree after I started working in Compliance (10 years ago). I know another girl who is at SVP level, and is still a poly graduate (she's probably 35 now?). She is probably earning $200K to 250K which is pretty good for a 35 years old. It is a combination of being at the right place, right time, with the right projects, combined with capability.

At the same time, I know uni grads, masters holders and even PHD who cannot cope in the compliance environment. Everyone is different and its important to consider your strength, and be willing to raise your hand for challenges. Many people seems to assume that moving into Compliance will guarantee a good pay and promotion. That is not true. It might give you a mildly better pay but without the right attitude and capability, you won't go beyond a VP.
Another of these "mysterious friends" circulating on the net. Which bank is that?

I would be very interested to know a diploma grad who can reach SVP level in Compliance before 35. I'm also doing Compliance in a foreign bank and I know of only 3 high flyers who reached SVP level doing Compliance by that age and they are certainly not diploma grads.

I would say I am fairly acquainted with most people doing Compliance in the Singapore banking industry, so I'm quite surprised of never hearing of someone of such extraordinary background before.