Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary negotiation
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 06:41 PM

poggedo is on a distinguished road
Default Salary negotiation

hi all i need some help here

im a fresh grad from nus and got a job offer recently. they offered me 2k and this is a job tt is not related to my studies. it's with a non profit organisation

anw, i accepted the job offer verbally and im due to start work next mon. supposed to be today but i requested to postpone by one wk cos of personal issues. anw, what im thinking is do i still have the right to negotiate for a higher salary, or the moment has passed since i accepted the offer. i didnt actually sign anything yet. from what i understand, the hr personnel will go through the appt letter with me when i report for work next wk. so far i only know the working hrs, and tt there's 18 days annual leave, medical, dental and insurance (not sure of amt) after 3mths probation. the rest, like maybe bonus, increments etc im not sure cos the hr didnt mention over the phone.

what shld i do now? or just report to work next mon and see how's the employment package like.

on a side note, im actually currently waiting for reply from another company right now. went for both interviews on the same day just tt this one offered first. actually i wouldnt mind both but comparatively i would prefer the other one cos it's a better position and likely to be better pay. anw what im worried now is tt i might get a positive reply from the other company when i start work and this will really make things difficult.

of cos i wish to clarify tt im not accepting this offer bcos im desperate or anything, though i have been jobless for a v long time. it will be a gd learning exp i guess, just tt the pay is kinda on the lower end of my expected.

any advice??