Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice in getting into private banking, investments and fund management
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2015, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by anba View Post
what does being knowledgeable about stuff have to do with the work i'm doing? Do i have to lay out my sources for your approval? Tell me master.. i need your validation.
How are you even contributing to this discussion except being negative? if you cant be supportive & helpful of people, stfu!

Cause you are not helping by giving false information and false hope. i am not the guy that said the stuff previously but most of what you said is patently wrong. Only right thing would be GPA is key and CFA does not really matter. That's about it. Investment banks, big small or boutique, takes the cream of the crop. you do not need to be finance major, as long as your major is considered analytical and rigorous enough (i.e. some engineering, hard sciences course). The problem is an internship in IB is as difficult to get in as the main job, which means if you don't excel at the start of university you're SOL. of course if you know someone inside a bank or some rich people who can pull connection then that changes thing.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app