Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 16-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
^^ Well said, i find it childish when ppl compare students that graduate from one school is more street smart from the other. Ultimately, it comes down to
1. Luck/opportunities
2. How you sell yourself.
3. Work Experience

Certificate is just a stepping stone.
i choose to see it differently. i believe that you end up in a private institution like sim or public university like nus because of your personality, and how much effort/work you put into it.

think about it. one ends up in sim, only because he is unable to qualify for a local uni. he is unable to qualify, because he did not put much effort or is not smart enough to enter JC, which limited his chances of making into uni. that said, there are smart people who made it through poly and got a good result from nus.

yes, recruiters dont care much for your degree, but again, its your personality and intelligence that lets you progress in your corporate career. and again, it is the very same attitude towards work that i realise, why one ends up in sim or nus.

I've been working for quite some time, and it is general consensus amongst managers and HRs that local grads while more picky and demanding, are more hardworking and intelligent to survive and climb the corporate ladder, whereas sim people are generally more lazy, but equally picky and demanding. it is the very same trait that explains why they ended up in sim in the first place.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app