Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 14-11-2015, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

Absolutely true. Money is not everything in life. You don't need so much money to live in this world. What is more important are your good deeds and service to humanity. There are poor, old, people in our society that we can help. Make their day by doing good. I'm approaching 50 and I have decided to spend the rest of my remaining life on this earth to be a blessing to others. I've worked for a long time building up my career and made a small fortune. As I reflect whether to continue working to accumulate more fortune or to devote my time on more meaningful work. I realised that seeking money will always be a never ending game. When you earn more, you want more. The same goes for accumulating wealth. When you have a million, you want two million. When you have two million, you want three million and when you're a billionaire, you want to be a multi billionaire.

So money and wealth accumulation will never be a good objective. So I decide to do lots of social work to help others. My fortune now generates enough passive income for my family needs. I don't need to aspire to afford a GCB nor do I need to own a sports car. I'm happy living in a 3 bedroom condo and driving a mid sized car. Both are fully paid. I make use of my car to travel to do good deeds. I also spend a lot more time with my wife and family at home. My life is much more happier and fulfilling. At least, when I'm at my death bed, I will be satisfied that I've made thousands of lives better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
26 year old, 240k PA, running a small business. Wife 23, 120k PA, doing sales.

Small EC in the west, drive Japanese car

200k combined stock portfolio. I feel there's much more to life than just money, getting sick of life in a society that measures people by their wealth and income.