Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Roles that I may find in Singapore
View Single Post
Old 19-10-2015, 02:43 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
You are sorely mistaken to be under the impression that persons from strong physics and mathematics programs are dim a dozen in the society. Physics and mathematics are the few subset of the knowledge field where not only tremendous amount hard work and dedication is required but a certain degree of talent. Hard work alone gets one nowhere in this field.
It is naive to conceive hard work gets one anywhere.
Such simplistic view worthy the label of a simpleton.

It is in my observation there exists a tendency for Singaporeans to conflate politics with areas of discussions. You annoy me.
In particular, in this argument, a non-sequitur. Humans aren't particularly intelligent. A pity world war two hadn't wiped more of us out. A greater pity your ancestors were not wiped out in the gas chambers of the third reich.

For the record, my parents do not vote. Neither have I. I hold no allegiance nor loyalty to any country and more so in this highly globalised world, the notion of loyalty is meaningless.
U can get a job outside of academia or research then say. U sound exactly like one of those weirdos I see in my university, great in intellectual but lack basic social skills. The corporate world, especially banking and finance, dont need rocket scientist. They need ppl with soft skills.
And u may think ur skill is highly transferable, but unless u back it up with something u built that is relevant to the corporate world or have relevant work/internship exp, u r just another teacher-to-be in Singapore.