Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does DBS customer service role worth to try?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1 View Post
Fresh grad from SIM-UOL(hmmm,actually havent graduated yet,waiting for the result.)
Got an offer from DBS as senior bank excutive(actually a bank teller role). According to what they told me , degree holders will take a assistant customer service manager position first(not really a management role, u still need to do counter job AND handle paper works.)
I will be given a 1 year contract first, then convert to perm staff if the performance meets their standards.(KPI driven)

For me , I'm more interested to do risk management or something like relationship manager role. BUT without relevant exps and holding a private degree( not look down on the private u ,but fact is fact.) really hard to get such kind of job offer. So i want to have some exps in banking industry.

Q: Does this role help to further career path Or the exps is useless if i want to change to other tracks(risk management,investment or relationship manager etc)?
Also got another offer from HSBC with similar role.Which one should i go for?

really clueless.......
first thing first - what do you know about 'risk management' ? Pls don't quote anything from your UOL study guides or recommended reading materials.

Sorry, not trying to diss you but just curious how 'interested' you are since there are like 1471984 threads in this forum saying how 'interested' or 'passionate' in an particular field.