Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Business Development Manager at Maybank (SME sales)
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2015, 12:38 AM

Nudgy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarevier View Post
guys.. no need to fight. a forum is for all to learn and share experiences. I agree though that if nothing nice to say just don't say it. Just a waste of everyone's time and creates hostility.

anyway, I was a business development manager in Maybank. I would say I seldom ever work weekends as most of the bosses want to meet during their working hours. Vast difference between consumer cause consumer sales you will meet your client usually after their work or lunch time and weekends.

I transferred there after a backend ops contract position in maybank. my basic pay remained the same when I transferred but on top of that there was commission.
thanks for the info! may I ask how much is the comm? seems not bad if u can get your old basic + comm. is the target reasonable and what happens if you cannot hit it? thanks alot man first useful reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
u damn cock lei. ppl ask question u kaobei first then wanna talk like u actually got something to share. got things to say just say!
ya bro, precisely. i dont know thats why I asked but first thing he come and shoot me already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I don't know much about this role but I am working in credit in Maybank. What I know is from the sales persons that I work with when they submit loan applications to me. I know that they do cold calls to prospect for clients so it is definitely not a breeze or walk in the park.

Work-life balance. I believe they seldom work weekends. Alot of time is also spent doing admin to submit to the credit side where I work for us to approve/reject the application. I believe most of their "OT" is to complete this as we sometimes get new cases coming in first thing on Monday morning. This is not often though so I guess they don't really work that much on weekends.

However, I do know of one lady who started working as a business development manager here and either did not do well / did not like the job. She transferred to the HR department after a year or so. This shows that not everyone is cut out / likes sales roles, though it may be more lucrative than backend / middle office positions.

I am too thinking of transferring to SME sales but I have yet to find out more details from HR.
thanks alot for this. useful as well. your current role is very similar to what I am doing now. ya i also wanna know more before i make the plunge. sadly need job stability as well as planning to start a family and sales may be abit risky. but hope this kind is relatively stable.