Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 23-07-2015, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I would ask for others not to assume that a civil svc job involves long lunches, many pantry and kopi breaks etc. i am in a policy role and work 930 to 830pm five days a week. Urgent work still needs to be tended to over the weekends. There is also the usual red tape, pushing around of work and decisions by other divs, turf guarding, bosses taking out their frustrations on you etc. Take it as justifications for the salary.
This is really true, my friends working in stat board also have to do OT and have to come back on weekend to do work as well. Also since many people think civil servant are overpaid, why not join the public sector? Could be because many sour grapes here since they got reject by the public sector.

Certainly, many people may say that aiya those go public sector starting pay high nia, after that those in pvt sector can easily triumph over them. Yes, it is true for some, and that is very very little. most, I mean more than 70% of the people are earning less than even with rich experience under their belt.

So is up to you guys to carry on this argument about which one is good and etc. Because it wont affect anyone's salary even you with this keyboard warrior war hahahaha