Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi currently 25 fresh grad from Singapore Poly with dip in mech engine. Don't see myself in the engineering sector and would want to equip myself with a degree from another sector.

I also seek your opinions regarding whether to pursue full time or part time studies. As I'm a late bloomer upon completion of full time studies I would be 28-29 and I'm old for a fresh grad without experience.

At the same time also considering working on a full time basis while completing a part time degree, as I really feel guilty burdening my parents at such a mature age already, I would be able to earn my own pocket money, build up some savings and also help my parents with the fees.

If I'm doing full time, will get a casual part time working maybe once or twice a week to earn some money, but the negative is it's not real work experience.

Upon completion of the part time degree, I would also have at least 3 years of working experience and I should be able to transition to a better job probably within the same industry much easily.

Look forward to your thoughts and opinions.
Maybe you should try to work in the industry that you are interested in for a few years before deciding whether to study. Considering your age and financial situation, you might find in the end buying a part time degree doesn't really help much in your career.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app