SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay - Page 94 - Salary.sg Forums
Salary.sg Forums  

Go Back   Salary.sg Forums > The Salary.sg Discussion Forums: > Income and Jobs

Income and Jobs Discuss jobs, career options and of course salaries




SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #931 (permalink)  
Old 13-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi peeps. Would like to ask you people who is experienced. is 2.2k is underpaid for fresh graduate but for small firm. Please do not tell me big four all that .. haha.

Reply With Quote
  #932 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2015, 09:05 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi peeps. Would like to ask you people who is experienced. is 2.2k is underpaid for fresh graduate but for small firm. Please do not tell me big four all that .. haha.
Of course that is underpaid. But fact is, most fresh grads that join small firms these days are underpaid. That's the reality. Employers who can opt for cheaper alternatives won't pay you more than if they choose not to. Especially smaller firms who's sole focus is on PnL and nothing else.

Reply With Quote
  #933 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi peeps. Would like to ask you people who is experienced. is 2.2k is underpaid for fresh graduate but for small firm. Please do not tell me big four all that .. haha.
2.2k (at a small firm) is slightly underpaid, but not by much. Probably just missing the mark by 200 to 300.

Nevertheless, do take into consideration other factors, e.g. whether you like the nature of the work that you will be doing at the small firm, how the experience at the small firm could potentially propel you into other more lucrative jobs etc.

Reply With Quote
  #934 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2015, 04:38 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cheaper better faster
Reply With Quote
  #935 (permalink)  
Old 14-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
2.2k (at a small firm) is slightly underpaid, but not by much. Probably just missing the mark by 200 to 300.

Nevertheless, do take into consideration other factors, e.g. whether you like the nature of the work that you will be doing at the small firm, how the experience at the small firm could potentially propel you into other more lucrative jobs etc.
Thanks for the reply . But it seems that no firm willing to pay more $2.5k for small audit firm..
Reply With Quote
  #936 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hey everyone!

What do you think of a UOL biz degree going into procurement role?
Would you join the procurement role even though you are not so keen on procurement?

The job market is quiet right now however I'm unemployed fresh graduate.


What are the career prospects and career advancement opportunities for procurement roles?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions and thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote

  #937 (permalink)  
Old 16-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey everyone!

What do you think of a UOL biz degree going into procurement role?
Would you join the procurement role even though you are not so keen on procurement?

The job market is quiet right now however I'm unemployed fresh graduate.


What are the career prospects and career advancement opportunities for procurement roles?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions and thanks in advance!
I wont join if I am not interested. because it will hinder my career advancement. Why I say will that is because if you dont like procurement and you still want to go in, most likely you will do a career switch after one or two years later. then you will have to start from zero again.

Do consider this carefully.
Reply With Quote
  #938 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2015, 08:47 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Hi currently 25 fresh grad from Singapore Poly with dip in mech engine. Don't see myself in the engineering sector and would want to equip myself with a degree from another sector.

I also seek your opinions regarding whether to pursue full time or part time studies. As I'm a late bloomer upon completion of full time studies I would be 28-29 and I'm old for a fresh grad without experience.

At the same time also considering working on a full time basis while completing a part time degree, as I really feel guilty burdening my parents at such a mature age already, I would be able to earn my own pocket money, build up some savings and also help my parents with the fees.

If I'm doing full time, will get a casual part time working maybe once or twice a week to earn some money, but the negative is it's not real work experience.

Upon completion of the part time degree, I would also have at least 3 years of working experience and I should be able to transition to a better job probably within the same industry much easily.

Look forward to your thoughts and opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #939 (permalink)  
Old 17-07-2015, 10:59 PM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi currently 25 fresh grad from Singapore Poly with dip in mech engine. Don't see myself in the engineering sector and would want to equip myself with a degree from another sector.

I also seek your opinions regarding whether to pursue full time or part time studies. As I'm a late bloomer upon completion of full time studies I would be 28-29 and I'm old for a fresh grad without experience.

At the same time also considering working on a full time basis while completing a part time degree, as I really feel guilty burdening my parents at such a mature age already, I would be able to earn my own pocket money, build up some savings and also help my parents with the fees.

If I'm doing full time, will get a casual part time working maybe once or twice a week to earn some money, but the negative is it's not real work experience.

Upon completion of the part time degree, I would also have at least 3 years of working experience and I should be able to transition to a better job probably within the same industry much easily.

Look forward to your thoughts and opinions.
Maybe you should try to work in the industry that you are interested in for a few years before deciding whether to study. Considering your age and financial situation, you might find in the end buying a part time degree doesn't really help much in your career.
Reply With Quote
  #940 (permalink)  
Old 18-07-2015, 12:20 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe you should try to work in the industry that you are interested in for a few years before deciding whether to study. Considering your age and financial situation, you might find in the end buying a part time degree doesn't really help much in your career.
Hi there, my family financial situation is relatively stable, they have set aside funds for futhering my stdies but I already view myself as a mature adult so I feel bad burdening my parents with this responsibility.

Have strong interests in the aerospace industry, but I don't really see myself as an LAE or to be or an a.craft technician. Other non-technical positions comes largely from CAAS and CAG and it's no secret they value scholars and local uni grads much much more. So that explains why I feel very lost now at this juncture.

I personally feel that working full-time while studying at night is a very viable option and it's also important to find a job that tallies with the degree that I will choose to study, otherwise it will come to naught.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
sim, starting pay, uol

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Starting pay for fresh uni grad with partial acca geeokleiv Income and Jobs 141 21-01-2021 06:44 PM
Starting pay for fresh grad? k3vin Income and Jobs 19 30-03-2018 01:39 AM
Fresh Grad with Masters starting salary in banking Novice Income and Jobs 18 09-02-2016 08:57 PM
Fresh Engineering Grad want to switch to Banking rampa001 Income and Jobs 53 17-09-2011 10:42 AM
Fresh Grad working as software engineer earning 10k/month megasoma Income and Jobs 7 28-07-2011 10:23 AM

» 30 Recent Threads
Lawyer Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
10,049 Replies, 3,366,754 Views
Ex-MOE Teachers ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
111 Replies, 130,301 Views
DBS tech seed programme ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
243 Replies, 39,597 Views
SIM-UOL fresh grad starting pay ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
4,074 Replies, 1,409,210 Views
ST Electronics ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,314 Replies, 323,555 Views
Salaries for Tech Product Manager
8 Replies, 2,413 Views
UOB Management Associate Program ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
387 Replies, 209,913 Views
Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,127 Replies, 873,447 Views
Compare civil service salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
11,215 Replies, 6,248,793 Views
What course should I undertake? ( 1 2)
17 Replies, 9,035 Views
OCBC Graduate Talent Programme... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
527 Replies, 152,738 Views
SIA Technical Services / Aerospace... ( 1 2)
10 Replies, 9,514 Views
Singtel Management Associate... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
181 Replies, 105,778 Views
Comp Science Frsh Grad Salary ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
526 Replies, 18,406 Views
Career as Teacher ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,028 Replies, 1,900,449 Views
Aircraft Maintenance License and... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
646 Replies, 481,904 Views
How much are you earning per annum? ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
12,137 Replies, 3,952,231 Views
Career of an ERP consultant
2 Replies, 137 Views
Working in HDB ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
369 Replies, 296,018 Views
Starting Pay for CS/Ministries... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
190 Replies, 54,692 Views
Cybersecurity/Info security career ( 1 2 3)
21 Replies, 3,465 Views
MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
3,573 Replies, 2,124,143 Views
How much does influencers make...
6 Replies, 771 Views
Where would you invest your money... ( 1 2 3)
28 Replies, 17,244 Views
Advice for a troubled Designer ( 1 2)
14 Replies, 5,153 Views
Third Class Honours/Second Lower... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
43 Replies, 28,411 Views
Covid-related job opportunities... ( 1 2)
15 Replies, 970 Views
IRAS salary
3 Replies, 216 Views
How is life as a doctor in... ( 1 2 3... Last Page)
1,704 Replies, 1,061,686 Views
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2



All times are GMT +8. The time now is 08:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2