Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does DBS customer service role worth to try?
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2015, 06:10 AM

gohmjie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1 View Post
Fresh grad from SIM-UOL(hmmm,actually havent graduated yet,waiting for the result.)
Got an offer from DBS as senior bank excutive(actually a bank teller role). According to what they told me , degree holders will take a assistant customer service manager position first(not really a management role, u still need to do counter job AND handle paper works.)
I will be given a 1 year contract first, then convert to perm staff if the performance meets their standards.(KPI driven)

For me , I'm more interested to do risk management or something like relationship manager role. BUT without relevant exps and holding a private degree( not look down on the private u ,but fact is fact.) really hard to get such kind of job offer. So i want to have some exps in banking industry.

Q: Does this role help to further career path Or the exps is useless if i want to change to other tracks(risk management,investment or relationship manager etc)?
Also got another offer from HSBC with similar role.Which one should i go for?

really clueless.......
If you are interested to change to the investment or relationship manager role, why don't you consider starting out as a financial advisor first? The job scope is basically the same and being a financial advisor first allows you to take on more challenges first and if it can't work out, you can easily make a switch over to be a relationship manager or personal banker.

Do sms or what's app me at 91503920 to find out more on what my side is offering you.
We do have a walk in servicing centre where you can be stationed there to serve walks in.