Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Does DBS customer service role worth to try?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini1 View Post
Fresh grad from SIM-UOL(hmmm,actually havent graduated yet,waiting for the result.)
Got an offer from DBS as senior bank excutive(actually a bank teller role). According to what they told me , degree holders will take a assistant customer service manager position first(not really a management role, u still need to do counter job AND handle paper works.)
I will be given a 1 year contract first, then convert to perm staff if the performance meets their standards.(KPI driven)

For me , I'm more interested to do risk management or something like relationship manager role. BUT without relevant exps and holding a private degree( not look down on the private u ,but fact is fact.) really hard to get such kind of job offer. So i want to have some exps in banking industry.

Q: Does this role help to further career path Or the exps is useless if i want to change to other tracks(risk management,investment or relationship manager etc)?
Also got another offer from HSBC with similar role.Which one should i go for?

really clueless.......
CS is just backend admin type of work, nothing to do with MO jobs like risk management. On the other hand every donkey grad with a deg paper is trying to get inside risk analytics because it's the in thing. If you have only a pte cert, I suggest you apply for jobs outside banking rather than waste time dreaming of getting a MO role.