Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-06-2015, 08:38 AM
Unregistered

You made the right move to quit your stressful job to become a small business owner. That was timely as you are already a millionaire without big financial commitments. There is no point suffering when you're already so rich. Now is the time for you to smell the roses. Life is not just about accumulating more and more wealth at the expense of your precious time in this world. Time is a precious resource. You should not be neglecting time with your children, parents and family. You also need time for your personal relaxation and exercise. Is that extra dollar you earn worth the time you neglect with your loved ones?

Anyway, with your current wealth, you can actually consider early retirement, perhaps retire when you reach 55.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Middle class family

47, quit my job two years ago to start a small business, earning $68k pa. Savings $15k pa. More flexible work schedule. Stress level down a lot. Net worth $1.7m. Built up my wealth through many successful investments. Invested my big bonuses during my previous career.
My investment portfolio growing nicely. Hope to grow my small business over time.

Spouse, 43, earning $100k pa. Savings $50k pa. Net worth $0.7m. Hope to grow net worth by an additional $1m over 20 years.

Condo, 3 years old, paid up.

Car, 1 year old, paid up.