Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM-RMIT fresh grad starting pay
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Being in SIM doesn't mean you can't make it AFTER that, but you couldn't make it BEFORE and that's why you are in SIM and not a local uni. There will always be outliers. Some who get into a local uni can still end up in low pay jobs and struggling to survive. It's about the probability and there's a higher probability that you will be successful if you attend a local uni. The reality of the job market is that private unis are viewed below local unis.
dont know why r u guys bashing each other hahahaha. I grad from SIM few years ago, met many local u grads colleagues and I get along with them fine. They asked where I am from and I'll just tell them honestly.

I work in a bank MO (not trade support or etc) and I have local grads reporting to me within my team whereas i report to the HOD who is a foreigner. I've co-interviewed and made recommendations to hire local grads over pte uni grads because most of them i met conduct themselves really well during interviews, though we've once hired a local grad who is a complete nutcase.
Even though i don't make as much as some of the big boys here claiming to be racking in millions yearly, but not too shabby overall i guess considering my age.

Does that make me very successful ? I don't really think so, still can't afford a brand new Audi R8 or bmw m7 leh. I'm just like any ordinary office worker you'll see in MRT every morning.