Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - SIM RMIT cant find job
View Single Post
Old 14-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

interesting post, I am too a SIM grad, got into a bank in offshore foreign bank on contract job, assisting trading desk filling orders and updating spreadsheet, filling in for a lady on maternity leave. Converted into a permanent job after the lady decided to become full-time housewife.
After 2 years, I become trader assistant, started quoting FX swaps/spot and pricing FX options for sales desk. Now I am a full fledged FX options trader managing the G10 flow business. Guess I am lucky at the right place and at the right time.. No CFA, no NUS/NTU/SMU degree, no RI/RJC/ACS old boys network, just pure grit and hard work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m sim grad, graduated without honours in 2009. At that time, compliance is the least glamorous job in the bank, only slightly better than janitor, that why I can get into compliance. Things got out of hand in 2012-2014 with mega billion fines from regulators. Thanks to the regulators, now, compliance is elevated to super-star status in the bank, and now, as VP of a compliance function, I get resumes from oxbridge graduates rushing to apply for 4k analysts jobs.
My advice to the sim grad, dont bother applying for compliance jobs, as u are up for serious competition. just find the least glamorous jobs and slowly rise up when the fengshui changes. dont say i never tell you hor