Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
This guy is correct. Entry level partner is nothing more than a highly paid employee. He may be earning 20k/month only. As you get more senior and take on roles such as head of department, you join the profit sharing scheme where your salary really grows.

FYI I was not referring to senior manager which makes on average 10k/month only. The payscale is as such:
Associate 3k
Senior Associate 4k
Managers 5-8k
Senior Managers 9-11k
Directors 12-16k
Partners 20k and above

The previous poster who used to be director in KPMG can probably agree that my figures are roughly there. There is slight variation between big 4s and departments but the rough idea is there.

Don't be fooled by the "partner" tag... there are many more internal levels for them to climb. But once you make partner you're 99% assured of a job all the way until retirement. It's up to you whether you retire with a 20-30k salary or a 50-100k salary.
Yes, this matches my experience as well. When I was a Director there for 2 years, my last drawn was 13,300 & no AWS at KPMG. I was pretty surprised that my current employer was able to to offer 14000 for just a manager role and it comes with AWS somemore (think european MNCs practice more conservative titles).

Moral of the story, if you look at the pay scale shared by above poster which is quite accurate, you will realise the pay there is nothing to shout about. It's decent, but not anywhere near what most layman fantasize.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app