Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - How much are you earning per annum?
View Single Post
Old 23-04-2015, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

You have indeed done well. Just to point out that you are not in the top 20% but in the top 10% since you own both a condo and a car. These are the two big Cs of the Singapore dream. 80% live in public housing and you are among the top lucky few to live in private housing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
When we both looked back at where we came from, my wife and I feel so blessed to achieve what we have today. Both of us came from low middle income family. We lived a very humble and frugal life. We both worked hard in our studies and did well to be in top schools. Eventually we both climbed the social ladder achieving success which we thought were impossible.

We started staying in a HDB flat and eventually upgraded to a condo. Today we live in a modern condo with full facilities. We can also afford to buy a car for the convenience of my family. Our household income is currently $180k pa and we earn enough to service our mortgage and car loans comfortably. We were born in a family in the bottom 30% and now at the age of 43 and 46, we are now in the top 20% percent, given our ownership of a condo and a car. We are indeed happy and grateful for our success.