Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid career crisis
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
In a wider scheme of employment, inclusive of telesales, credit card sales and customer service, AVP and VP is not considered very low if you think about it, some only reach this level at 35. The company does not function only with senior management right, AVP/VP are headhunted from banks to banks all the time. Why do you think they are included in executive search?

And I am saying 12k to 15k in other industries is aldy directorial level, sure we cannot compare everything to the banks. It will be a one-sided judgement. You need to look at the salary from a nationwide perspective.
Which is my original point, we need to look at overall org structure and not just job titles and headhunted by "executive search" or similar rah rah.

The term "executive search" might have meant something maybe in the 1990s, but let's put things in perspective - all sorts of recruitment agencies are calling themselves executive search firms, but how many really recruit executives (i.e. CXO and -2 level below)? Most are just hiring entry to mid level porfessionals. I recieve a few telesales calls from these agents every month as well, there is nothing executive in the way they conduct themselves.

Also I'm not disputing the fact that many 12k+ dudes call themselves "directors" inculding me, but where do they really rank in the organization? Take myself for example, I am a Director in a well known US high tech company, I have only 1 analyst and 1 administrator in my team, I am 5 levels below the CEO and have a job grade that is the first level of what is considered management level internally. If I were your client, you would probably say I'm a mid-senior level guy as well, but I know enough that I'm really just a very junior guy in the grand scheme of things. My country GM (2 levels above me) would probably be a true middle management, but hey he's got a fancy Senior Managing Director title which others will probably call him "executive" level.