Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Need some helpful advice pls.
Got a job from a ministry, say pending management approval and medical review, whole process is ard 1.5mo, but role is quite confirmed despite no contract signed yet (only after medical review then can sign) but i get the 'feeling' they shld b hiring me since reference checks are done and no major issues.

Got an offer from a SME, since I resigned without a job las month i have been jobless for close to a month. Hubb advised me to just take up as backup plan, in case the ministry fall back on their words. Also, he say to take up for financial reasons, still got loans and all very hard to wait for a month plus. The ministry did say will expedite for me. Should i just take up while waiting got the ministry? Its manpower division, will they find out?

And I actually may be waiting for other offers and i dont quite like this role so if i choose a backup should i choose something i like instead? And is it really unprofessional to work somewhere when u r pending clearance for another job? Pls advice, very very vexed, we need money and the ministry oso dont knw will suddenly chu pattern and i end up no jobs leh
how bad is ur family's financial situation? will ur family still be able to keep up with the bills if you wait for the ministry?
if no, then obviously just take up the sme offer. otherwise, wait for the ministry contract, which i assumed the pay will be higher. it is unlikely for them to back down from the offer if they have already given you the verbal offer.