Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Mid career crisis
View Single Post
Old 27-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I believe you are not having a broad enough view because you haven't really gotten to the headhunting side of things. When you get to the middle management / executive level, it's a completely different ball game.

We are not talking about some junior manager / senior associate from HR/marketing who is making 12-15k monthly. These are essentially relatively low ranking folks and hence like I orginally stated: prone to getting replaced and hard to get a job once they are retrenched.

I agree completely with your point that at this level, these guys are basically replacable by cheap foreign labour. But I caution that you should not generalize the experience based on your narrow experience on the junior professional recruitment side.

If you are talking about CHRO/CMO level, these 7 figured executives are sorely lacking even in developing countries, so you are not going to find some cheap Indian guy who simply parachutes into a sizable MNC to take over. On the executive level, the general experience is that countries like BRIC have higher salaries than even first world countries. Like I said, completely different landscape.
I am not sure if you are the one who commented that the 20k chap is earning 'low' but if you are, like i mentioned in the post, i dont think you know what you are dealing with. Please don't make irresponsible comments and jump to conclusions like that.

fYI, i recruit for roles minimally 7k and above, my average placement is 16k per month, 12k to 15k is low, what are you talking about?

My regional director earns 18k basic, with commission he earns approx. 40k per month, he is angmoh, my firm is an MNC. I go to executive parties and networking events to headhunt people, i am not sure if you have any idea how annoying you sound when you put people down by saying they earn peanuts and you talk like you are some C suites level exec.

Like i have said, times have changed, many regional directors and country managers are Indians FYi, do a search on LInkedin pls, and no they are not cheap but they are definitely cheaper. I cannot name companies here simply because it is unprofessional. You think foreign labour are cheap? I am talking about angmohs and Indians with an astronomical sum of money every month, these people come in and take our jobs and so singaporeans get laid off to give way to either a cheaper alternative or someone perceived as one with more networks.

I still don't understand why you will coin people who earn 12k to 15k a month super junior managers. They are middle management and very prone to retrenchment. Stop giving misleading info!