Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed!! SPF Senior police officer vs. Private Sector
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 PM
Same same

Default Hey

Hi there.

I am also a fresh NTU grad. It sounds like you graduated from engineering? Anyways I have been working for just over a month now (started on 1st June) and I'm getting 3k in a US MNC. I am not sure about SPF, but when I was job hunting, the thought of being in the public sector never crossed my mind, because I knew that even though I had a 2nd upper, there would always be a scholar who would promote faster than me.

After 1 month of working here, I feel that actually being in the public sector isn't such a bad thing. In my company, I work at least 12 hours a day. My basic pay plus transport allowance plus overtime probably wouldn't match what I would be getting in the public sector. However, in terms of opportunity in career development, I still think that being in the private sector is much more rewarding. My work is challenging and it keeps my mind very active. I am put into situations which are far beyond my comfort zone. However, I think it must be put into perspective that I am only one month into the job and I myself am unsure if I can take this for a lifetime. Maybe it is possible to enjoy the same thrill of challenges and have a good pay package in another public service division like MAS or something like that.

Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills
Primary School English Grammar and Vocabulary Drills

SG Bus Timing App
SG Bus Timing App - the best bus app - available on iOS and Android

Bursa Stocks Android App - check share prices
Bursa Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks Android App - check share prices
SGX Stocks [Android] App - check latest share prices on the go

SGX Stocks for iPad - check latest Singapore share prices
SGX Stocks [iPad] app
| SGX Stocks [iPhone] app