Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Compare civil service salary
View Single Post
Old 13-03-2015, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Hi just needed some advice, i was in moe for 5yrs (teaching) and to MINDEF (DXO) for 1.5 years, made an impulsive decision to become a recruiter in Feb, and resigned soon after 6 weeks as I feel that the job lacks integrity. Recently i went to MOM for an interview and they gave me a verbal offer and they were going to do HR to HR reference checks first, i just want to enquire if anybody knows about these checks? Does it involve character checks? My records were okay in MiNDEF, as in colleagues and I got on pretty well and my boss wasalso appreciative of my service. I did however lodged a complaint about my principal in moe to the superintendent when i was teaching as i felt that the p was not being professional. Are issues like this considered a bad record? I suppose if mindef did the checks with moe and felt I was okay and hired me in the end, will i have any problems with my application at MOM?

Btw saw this discussion going on previously, a friend from MinLAW HR told me that they can actually view the applications u made in careers@gov and some (not all) HR heads will question why u applied all over the place and refuse u an interview. Just sharing, hope it helps. Oh ya, and sometimes they will call up ur boss (if within ministry) without informing u.