Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how to become an university lecturer
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Verified Member

mrleafeon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
1. Okay, I think you are STILL confused, it is called a POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA. This means that you take this diploma AFTER you have GRADUATED with a DEGREE. Meaning that you take a degree, say in chemistry, and then take the POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA.

2. I dont know if you are a PHD holder or a degree holder but I will assume that you have not done your degree yet. Am I right? Or wrong?

3. MOE/NIE is VERY VERY particular with qualifications nowadays. To be on the safe side, only NTU/NUS/SMU or TOP-TIER UK/US ON-CAMPUS degrees are allowed to be accepted. Any malaysian uni would be shot down pretty quickly.

4. You want to be a lecturer or teacher? In singapore, these 2 terms are VERY VERY different. MOE is in charge of TEACHERS, this includes primary, secondary and JC teachers. MOE is NOT in charge of lecturers in university or polytechnics.

5. If you want to be university or polytechnic lecturer, you just get your PHD first then apply directly to these instituitions. DO NOT apply to MOE. These institutions are INDEPENDENT. MOE/NIE are not in charge of who they hire.

So to help you further, I really need to know a few things,
1. do you want to be a chemistry TEACHER or LECTURER?
2. What is your highest qualification now? Where did you obtain it?
I havent done my degree yet. I just finished my trinity college foundation studies in trinity college. I got a quite good results, aggregate score is 96.
So nus doesnt accept my result. Ntu accepts it but i am required to sit for entrance exam. The exam requires quite a lot of topics, i have very few confidence in succeeding it. I hope to become secondary or jc teachers, teaching few subjects like chemi, bio and chinese, but i prefer chemi the most. Thanks again.