Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - how to become an university lecturer
View Single Post
Old 16-02-2015, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleafeon View Post
Thanks a lot. Nobody tells me this though. Okay i see now. I have applied to bachelor of sc (education), instead i should have applied for chemistry i wanna become a chemi lecturer in singapore, i have no idea that if i study chemi in malaysia, can i take the postdiploma degree in nie? How to apply for nie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrleafeon View Post
Instead, i should ask how do i check the uni that are recognised by nie postdiploma degree? Or if i have done my phd of chemi in malaysia private uni, will nie accept my phd?
1. Okay, I think you are STILL confused, it is called a POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA. This means that you take this diploma AFTER you have GRADUATED with a DEGREE. Meaning that you take a degree, say in chemistry, and then take the POST-GRADUATE DIPLOMA.

2. I dont know if you are a PHD holder or a degree holder but I will assume that you have not done your degree yet. Am I right? Or wrong?

3. MOE/NIE is VERY VERY particular with qualifications nowadays. To be on the safe side, only NTU/NUS/SMU or TOP-TIER UK/US ON-CAMPUS degrees are allowed to be accepted. Any malaysian uni would be shot down pretty quickly.

4. You want to be a lecturer or teacher? In singapore, these 2 terms are VERY VERY different. MOE is in charge of TEACHERS, this includes primary, secondary and JC teachers. MOE is NOT in charge of lecturers in university or polytechnics.

5. If you want to be university or polytechnic lecturer, you just get your PHD first then apply directly to these instituitions. DO NOT apply to MOE. These institutions are INDEPENDENT. MOE/NIE are not in charge of who they hire.

So to help you further, I really need to know a few things,
1. do you want to be a chemistry TEACHER or LECTURER?
2. What is your highest qualification now? Where did you obtain it?