Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Salary for Assistant Admin
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannee View Post
Wow… Thank a lot Brain for the guide Appreciated
Do you have any suggestion what more job scope for admin job lolx.. or can you roughly tell me what your office admin is doing. cause I have to ask for more increment before I left this currently company. But I have no idea what more scope can I ask for promotion for 4 years isit reasonable?

regards
joanne
Hi Joanne

As you probably know by now, I am working in a very large MNC so it wouldn't be a very good comparison as our administrators tend to be much more narrowly focused compared to a SME where people tend to take up everything.

The administrators in my department generally handle the preparation of standard project contracts and occassionaly help us with basic stuff like gather relevant data from different departments, simple summaries and analyses in big projects.

Other administrators would of course have a job scope that is slightly different. I am not from your company and have no understanding of how your boss works, so quite honestly I can't give you a direct answer.

All I can advise is spend some time to observe where you can naturally expand and take on new things. As another poster above said, administrators are seen as costs, so unless you have already made up your mind to leave no matter what, I would advise against just marching up to your boss asking for a promotion and pay raise.

Because the boss will just shoot back and ask you want to promote to what? Do what that is different from now? You must demonstrate that you have thought through about it and answer confidently. Otherwise you will look foolish and just repeat how you have worked there for 4 years. Using length of service to ask for promotion is the fastest way to get shot down as any experienced worker will tell you.