Salary.sg Forums - View Single Post - Lost As an engineering grad
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Verified Member

rampa001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
you should've done a part-time degree in business and start in operations in a bank and progress from there. what you can do now is to try to get into a good MBA school - and what i mean is insead and chicago booth types. if you go for SMU, NUS, NTU or any of those lesser foreign programmes, my concern is that your prospective employers may think you are "over qualified" for ops & support positions and yet under qualified for BA positions, and you'll be stuck. alternatively, you can do CFA part-time and enter the fund management industry, or just do sales (which can be very very lucrative).

Thanks again for the time & the effort taken to reply, Guess I need to do some research on the CFA program...... I too was a bit skeptical in thinking of doing a MBA straight off since I have no experience in Finance ,i'm a bit afraid weather i would be able to deliver as expected by my future employer..... Do you think that the CFA program will lay a solid foundation for me ?? and most of all be a practically applicable than a MBA. The main reason I ask this is that I have not done any modules/courses in Finance and gonna be totally new to the field .........